Our Words and Faith, Why They are Important
- Words are the seeds that start the process of life (James 3: 2-6). The tongue, a small member of the body with significant influence.
- We may not be able to choose whether or not we live by words, but we have the choice of what kind of words we’re going to use.
(Romans 10:8) (Faith speaks) The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart (that is the word of faith which we preach.)
(Romans 10:9) If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Our words are our confession, and the belief in our hearts is our faith in action.
- We need to understand these things to be men and women of faith and power.
- We have the privilege and authority to speak God’s word and pray in Jesus’s name.
Faith needs to be applied (Mark 5: 21-42)
- Jesus heals, Jairus whose daughter was sick and died. The woman with the issue of blood for 12 years.
- (They used their faith and spoke it, knowing Jesus would heal)
(Mark 11:23) You can say to this mountain be removed and cast into the sea without a doubt in one’s heart.
- Mountain Symbolic of an obstacle, hindrance
Doers of the Word (James 1:22/ 2:17,26)
- Be doers of the word, not just hearers; faith without works is dead. Our spirit without the body is dead, so is faith without works. Faith and action work together.
Receive it (2 Cor 4:18)
- While we don’t look at what is unseen, they are temporary; we look for and believe for things not yet seen.
- Our confession of faith for that which we believe for
Tell it (Rev (12:11)
- Verse 10 The accuser Satan cast down. Verse 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb (Jesus) and the word of their testimony.
- Our steadfastness to God’s promises in His word is the key to overcoming.
- God’s word and power are truth, believe his words, speak faith-filled words, words that build up and strengthen.